Friday, January 28, 2011

The Simplicity of Tea


My craving for coffee is slowly beginning to dissipate. I have been experimenting with a variety of teas for the last few days and there are a few with whom I am beginning to forge a relationship. Perhaps you have been thinking about kicking the coffee habit (or at least dreaming about it?) as well. Exploring is the first secret to tea drinking. Go on a journey of the palate and discover what is available. I have and it has been an eye-opener. There is more to tea than Lipton! The second key is preparation. There is something rather meditative and soothing about making tea. I try and remember to live the whole experience of tea preparation from selecting that special tea, to boiling the water, hearing the whistle, brewing the tea, and finally enjoying its mellow taste. Most of these teas can be found at your local natural food stores. I thought I'd share a few of my favorite teas with you here. Enjoy!

*Yogi Tea- Just the name "Yogi" helps me take a deep breath in relaxation! Yogi tea has many different varieties and flavors to choose from, so enjoy perusing! India Spice Tea is reinvigorating in the late afternoon after a long workday (no caffeine). It contains such delicous spices as cardamon, ginger, and cinnamon. Bedtime Tea in the evening before going to bed helps to wind down the day (it really works!). This tea includes valerian, a natural relaxant. If you struggle with digestive issues, Yogi Lemon Ginger Tea works wonders. A fun added treat is that each teabag contains a life philosophy quote. These are great to read and ruminate on while you are sipping this hot beverage.

* Traditional Medicinals- Every once in a while, I experience one of "those" days. What tea can we relax with to regain our equilibrium again? Organic Chamomile with Lavender is a gem when that occurs. Chamomile has been used for centures as a gentle medicinal tea that has been known to relax nervous tension and soothe stomach ailments. The magical addition of lavender, a revered gentle herb, helps to ease anxiety and mental fatigue. This is a lovely, soft, tea that just hits the spot.

* Organic India- Tulsi Tea is my new morning tea. There is 'Original', which has no caffeine, and 'India Breakfast', which has some minimal amounts in the tea. Tulsi is an herb that is deeply respected in India for possessing positive health benefits that support the body's immune system. The tea package shares that it "is a sacred plant infused with healing power." The Tulsi teas have a delicate, smooth palate. I find them heavenly!

Plants and herbs have been used for centuries as natural, medicinal aides. Drinking teas that contain lemon, ginger, tulsi, chamomile, lavender and other herbs can help to support our walk towards improved health. I invite you to join me on this journey. Tell me- what are some of your favorite teas? I'd love to hear!


Linda
photo credit: blog.mightyleaf.com/
























No comments:

Post a Comment